It's snowing big flakes, you know the kind that make you feel like you are inside one of those snowglobes. The kids are all pink-cheeked while sipping hot chocolate. The smell of burning firewood in the crisp wintry air...we go for a little drive, when out of nowhere a horn blares, an obviously perturbed lady protrudes her head out the window in order to spew profanity at me as she passes by. All that registered in my mind were her beaverlike front teeth flapping in the wind. Thought I'd take the moment to use this as a teaching opportunity and said "kids, that is an example of an ugly lady."
Anyone have a unique teaching opportunity lately?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Brooke, you are so funny!!! What a unique teaching opportunity to teach your kids about! I can't think of any good ones that I've had recently, but I'll keep thinking!
By the way, I'm SUPER happy you have a blog now!
Brooke...that made me smile and miss the fun way you have of teaching you kids, all the while noticing the workd around has CRAZY people in it!!
Heidi
wow, could I have more misspelled words and bad grammar? sorry!
Hi Brooke, glad to see you have joined the blogging world. I love your first post.
Brooke, you are MISSED! You crack me up! Let's see, I can't think of any great teaching moments right now but I'll keep thinking.
Love the blog!
Love it!! Why are people always yelling at you? I love the comments, all of you are so funny :)
glad to hear your kids are learning the important values up there in utah.
we miss you around here. what are you doing with all your free non-RS president time?
I need your address so I can send you a xms card..
email me at rockkinrobbins@aol.com
Post a Comment